2020 Certified Trade Mission to Stockholm
March 17, 2020 - March 18, 2020
For all Alternative Asset Fund Managers
One-to-One meetings with pre-qualified investors
HNWI, Family Offices and Institutions
One-on-one meetings with Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark investors.
An opportunity to meet Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark Institutional limited partner investors from the largest Insurance companies, Pension Funds, private family offices and private wealth managers.
A forum to exchange ideas and strategies with Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark investors, other U.S.-based fund managers, and policy-makers from both Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark and the United States.
Opportunities for intimate interaction between U.S. GPs and Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark LPs
Promote U.S. PE, infrastructure, real estate and VC Funds
Introduce U.S. PE, infrastructure, real estate and VC Funds to Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark LP’s
What are the cost benefits of participating in Trade Missions?
“Thanks for setting up such a valuable service, really seems to be humming now!”
— Michael Linse, Managing Director, Linse Capital.
- Without the trade mission format, it would be impossible to set up 20-30 LP meetings in one day with pre-qualified potential LPs. It would require multiple days and multiple trips. This is a major benefit in terms of dollars, time and energy saved.
- The same level of meetings would probably require a minimum of two to three trips to meet the same number of high-level people. These additional trips alone are equivalent to or will cost more than the Trade Mission in terms of airfare and hotel.
- Without US Government support you would most likely need to hire a placement agent, which would be a significant up-front cash expenditure.
- A placement agent would also charge you a commission on your earned management fee and on your performance fee. There are no commissions charged on ANY investments you receive during the Trade Mission.
- There is a cost in time and energy involved in identifying prospects, securing contact info, contacting the prospects, convincing them to meet and then coordinating the schedule in an efficient manner. The Trade Mission takes place on one day and all the LPs come to your hotel. This is a major advantage and a significant save in time, expense and opportunity cost. As we all know, "Time is Money".
- The US Embassy is the co-organizer for the Certified Trade Mission which lends a prestige to the event, helps guarantee the quality of the attendees, and limits the attrition prior to the event.
Nicolas Widmer has over two decades of alternative investment experience and has been raising assets for alternative and traditional asset management products for 20 years. Before founding Aico Partners in 1998 he was active in foreign exchange markets for almost 15 years, both as a trader and in treasury functions, within organizations like Citicorp and JP Morgan.
Before joining Aico Partners in 2011, he helped build the alternative investment business of UBS at its headquarter in Switzerland. Initially an investment committee member involved in fund selection and portfolio management, he later headed up the team’s global business development efforts, helping bring total AuM to $14bn at peak.
LP Participant Profile
Partial List Of Stockholm LP’s
Nordea Investment Management
SEB Investment Management
Alecta Pension Fund
SEB Private Banking
Skandia Life Insurance Company
Nordea Life & Pensions
Old Life Insurance Company, SEB Life
March 17, 2020
March 18, 2020
7:00 am - 8:30 amBreakfast on your own
8:30 am - 9:00 amRegistration of LP & GP attendees and light breakfast
9:00 am - 12:30 pmOne-on-one meetings: Members of the U.S. delegation will meet one on one with each investment professional from the leading Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark institutions, insurance companies, pension funds and family offices. Each attendee will meet with each Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark institution. Meetings will be approximately twenty minutes long. Each LP will have a private room for the meetings; GPs will go room to room.
12:30 pm - 1:15 pmLunch
1:15 pmTrade Mission formal program ends
March 19, 2020
*The government of the United States, particularly the US Department of Commerce and the US Embassy is not involved in selecting or recruitment for this mission. Such selection and recruitment is strictly left to the mission organizer. The US and foreign commercial service supports the goals of this event but does not endorse the specific products or views of the participating organization.
Fees & Registration
First Attendee: $24,000
Second Attendee: $7,500
Payment may be made by wire transfer. Full payment is required to reserve your attendance and is due immediately.
Attendance is by invitation only. The quantity of fund manager participation is strategically limited to maximize the level of overall access and one on one meeting opportunities with our foreign institutional investor attendees. Since space is limited, we encourage you to register immediately to reserve your spot.
Included in your certified trade mission fee are the following:
Deluxe accommodations: Two nights at the Grand Hotel.
De Luxe room with Harbor view
Breakfast, lunch, and snacks
Dedicated on site team for you while in Stockholm, Sweden
Complete Conference program including one-on-one meetings arranged with Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark's leading institutional investors and family offices.
Distribution of your materials to Institutions prior to the Trade Mission.
Check In: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 after 3:00 PM
Check Out: Thursday, March 19, 2020 by 12:00 noon (optional late check-out until 4:00 pm)
The fee does not include:
International Air travel
The cancellation policy is as follows:
60 days or more: Refund of 75% of full Payment
59-30 Days: 10% refund
Less than 30 days: No refund