2022 Certified Trade Mission to Toronto
– October 31, 2022
For all Alternative Asset Fund Managers
One-to-One meetings with pre-qualified investors
HNWI, Family Offices and Institutions
One-on-one meetings with Canadian investors
An opportunity to meet Canadian institutional limited partner investors from the largest insurance companies and pension funds as well as high net worth individuals and heads of family offices.
A forum to exchange ideas and strategies with Canadian investors, other U.S.-based fund managers, and policy-makers from both Canada and the United States.
Opportunities for intimate interaction between U.S. GPs and Canadian LPs
Promote U.S. PE, VC and Hedge Funds
Introduce U.S. PE, VC and Hedge Funds to Canadian LPs
What are the cost benefits of participating in Trade Missions?
I thought the Trade Mission was one of the most unique fundraising assets I’ve ever seen. The ability to have 50+ warm leads provided over the course of 1 day is phenomenal. It would have been impossible for our fund to have done anything like this ourselves and I doubt any financial service organizations could have provided a stronger group. I would highly recommend the Trade Mission, not just because of the quantity of potential investors but the quality of investors.
– Maxx Bricklin Principal Bold Capital Partners, LP
- Without the trade mission format, it would be impossible to set up 20-30 LP meetings in one day with pre-qualified potential LPs. It would require multiple days and multiple trips. This is a major benefit in terms of dollars, time and energy saved.
- The same level of meetings would probably require a minimum of two to three trips to meet the same number of high-level people. These additional trips alone are equivalent to or will cost more than the Trade Mission in terms of airfare and hotel.
- A placement agent would also charge you a commission on your earned management fee and on your performance fee. There are no commissions charged on ANY investments you receive during the Trade Mission.
- There is a cost in time and energy involved in identifying prospects, securing contact info, contacting the prospects, convincing them to meet and then coordinating the schedule in an efficient manner. The Trade Mission takes place on one day and all the LPs come to your hotel. This is a major advantage and a significant save in time, expense and opportunity cost. As we all know, "Time is Money".
LP Participant Profile
- Canada is the one of the largest investors in the U.S., and has invested billions of dollars with U.S. alternative investment managers since the 2008-9 financial crisis.
- Canada has some of the largest institutional investors globally including:
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB)
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (La Caisse)
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTPP)
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board (PSP Investments)
- Alberta Investment Management Co. (AIMCo)
- Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS)
These large pension funds all invest across the full range of alternative investments, and are leaders in investing globally.
- Total Canadian pension fund assets are ~10% of total U.S. pension fund assets; However, the vast majority (>90%) of Canadian pension fund assets are in Defined Benefit (DB) Plans, with the balance of pension fund assets (<10%) in Defined Contribution (DC) Plans.
- Over the past decade from 2004-2019:
- The medium-sized DB Plans (and a select group of foundations and endowments) have decreased their Canadian equity allocations and increased their allocations to alternative assets, with a focus on real estate, infrastructure, and private equity;
- The small-sized DB Plans (and most foundations) have been slow to diversify into alternative assets, but recognize the need to do so.
October 30, 2022
3:00 pmCheck in at the Omni King Edward Hotel
October 31, 2022
12:00 pm - 1:00 pmBuffet Networking lunch with LP's
1:00 pm - 5:00 pmMembers of the US delegation will meet in one on one meetings with investment professionals from Canadian institutional investors and family offices
5:00 pmInformal networking
*The government of the United States, particularly the US Department of Commerce and the US Embassy is not involved in selecting or recruitment for this mission. Such selection and recruitment is strictly left to the mission organizer. The US and foreign commercial service supports the goals of this event but does not endorse the specific products or views of the participating organization.
Attendance is by invitation only. The quantity of fund manager participation is strategically limited to maximize the level of overall access and one on one meeting opportunities with our foreign institutional investor attendees. Since space is limited, we encourage you to register immediately to reserve your spot.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on the fees to attend.
Included in your certified trade mission fee are the following:
Deluxe accommodations: One night at the Omni King Edward Hotel in a Royal Club Deluxe Room
Access to the exclusive Omni King Edward private lounge
Breakfast and Lunch on Monday, October 31, 2022
All food and beverage during the meeting portion
Dedicated on site team for you while in Toronto
Complete Conference program including one on one meetings arranged with Toronto’s leading institutional investors.
Ebook with full information on all LP attendees
Check In: Sunday, October 30, 2022
Check Out: Monday, October 31, 2022
Omni King Edward Hotel
37 King Street
The cancellation policy is as follows:
Within 30 days of registration: 75% refund
31-60 days after registration: 50% refund
More than 60 days after registration: No refund